With more people getting out to enjoy Gwinnett County parks and park facilities, Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation (GCPR) would like to remind citizens of some important safety tips and a few key precautions that will make your park experience a safe one.
- Always remember to observe posted park opening and closing times.
- Look, listen, and be alert at all times.
- When parking at any of the parks or park facilities, it is important to secure your vehicle.
According to Corporal Jake Smith with the Gwinnett County Police Department, to make your vehicle a more difficult target for thieves follow these easy tips:
- Always lock your doors and completely close all windows.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Do not park in isolated areas.
- Do not leave valuables in plain view and do not move valuables to the trunk after arrival; thieves may already be watching.
Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation (GCPR) is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for park patrons. Park patrons are encouraged to pay attention to park rules, signs, alerts, hours and to check the website www.gwinnettparks.com for up-to-date park information. Park patrons are asked to call the Gwinnett County Police Department non-emergency number at 770-513-5100 to report suspicious activity; for emergencies dial 911.