Gwinnett divas are influential in the business world, and the "power of the purse" is evident not just in the impressive number of women-owned businesses in the county, but also in the influence women have in the consumer spending that keeps our county going.
Gwinnett divas are making smart choices, both in business and at home. In fact, by 2010, women are expected to control $1 trillion, or 60 percent, of the country”s wealth.
Locally, women are instrumental in the business community and have the numbers to prove it! Take a look at these statistics from the most recent census data to see the ways that Gwinnett”s women add to our growing economy.
- Women own 18,089 firms in Gwinnett.
- Women-owned firms accounted for $2.64 billion in receipts for the census year.
- Women-owned firms employ 15,870 people in Gwinnett.
- Women own approximately 28 percent of all Gwinnett firms.
And business isn”t the only venue where women”s choices are impacting our community. Women make or direct 91 percent of home buying decisions, and initiate 80 percent of all home improvement purchasing decisions. Gwinnett divas” influence is far reaching, as women make 80 percent of all consumer decisions including those about stocks, automobiles and computers. Just take a look at the numbers below, and you will quickly realized that divas can”t be ignored!
- Twenty-two (22) percent of homes are sold to single women versus only 9 percent to single men.
- Women earn more than half of all accounting degrees, four out of every 10 law degrees and almost that many medical degrees.
- More than half of all new Web users are women, according to Jupiter Media Metrix.