Simon Kidgits Club, Dr. Seuss Enterprises L.P. and Random House Children”s Books together are celebrating the 75th anniversary of#Theodor Seuss Geisel”s first-ever published children”s book, “And To Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street.”# As part of the celebration, nearly 100 Simon malls across the country are hosting a special event for families to explore all the fun of Dr. Seuss.
Both Mall of Georgia and Gwinnett Place invite area kids and parents to celebrate “75 Years of Imagination”# at special Dr. Seuss event. Families can wander Dr. Seuss”s whimsical world of imaginary wonder by participating in the event”s fun-filled activities:
- Take part in a fascinating in-mall book reading
- Capture a photo in front of a splendid Mulberry Street-themed backdrop featuring a variety of children”s favorite Dr. Seuss characters. Families may also have the chance to interact and snap a photo with the cheerful event VIP, The Cat In The Hat.
- Enjoy a television episode of PBS KIDS” “The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!”# (Check local listings for more information.)
- Decorate marvelous Mulberry Street bookmarks and enchanting Dr. Seuss-inspired crowns and tiaras.
- Creating captivating “And To Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street”# booklets.
Event dates and locations are as follows:
- Saturday, February 11, 1-3 p.m.: Mall of Georgia (3333 Buford Drive, Buford) in the Nordstrom Court area. Officers from the Gwinnett County Police Department will join for reading fun!
- Saturday, February 18, 1-3 p.m.: Gwinnett Place (2100 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth) on the Lower Level near the fountain. Special guest readers include Mayor Judy Johnson of Lawrenceville; Atlanta Falcons cheerleaders and Briana Jewett, Miss Atlanta 2012.
Each event will conclude with a parade where goodie bags filled with terrific treats will be given out. Families can also pick up a special 75th Anniversary Edition of “And To Think That I Saw it on Mulberry Street,”# one of 44 children”s books written and illustrated by Geisel, in book stores beginning January 24. For more information about the Simon Kidgits Club and Dr. Seuss” “75 Years of Imagination”# events, visit http://www.simon.com/kidgits/ or Facebook and Twitter.
The Simon Kidgits Club is a fun and informative program that focuses on health, wellness, education, safety and entertainment for children ages 3-8. Since 2003, the Simon Kidgits Club has kept children and parents alike amused with various events and activities while providing incentives for club members, such as special offers, rewards and games.