As temperatures rise this summer, let your wardrobe rise to the occasion with Belk”s Most-Wanted Summer 2011 fashion picks. Flowy Bohemian-inspired summer silhouettes pair with tailored and sleek closet staples to create a look that is fierce and wearable all day. From shorts in every hemline to soft, sweet tops that”ll catch everyone”s eye, Belk”s Most Wanted Summer 2011 is all about femininity and functionality.
1. Long Skirt – From midi to maxi- make way for longer lengths. Sweeping hemlines give a nod to the 70″s. To complete the Bohemian look, just add a jean jacket and a load of bangles.
2. Shorts – Embrace the short! From slouchy and easy-going for weekends to slim and fitted for the office, there”s a style for every occasion. Whether grazing mid-thigh or classic Bermudas, the short is a summer essential.
3. Peasant Top “The flowing silhouette of 70″s tops reigns on the runways. Pair this top with slim jeans or tailored short to create a sophisticated ensemble. Peasant pizzazz never fails to end up at the top of the style charts.
4. Anything Animal – It”s a jungle out there! Cheetah, zebra, and snake prints can be found in natural tones and pair well with white accessories. For a more colorful trip through the jungle, opt for patterns in a high octane shade.
5. Fem Tee “This summer, you should add at least one really vibrant piece to your wardrobe – why not start with a fabulously detailed tee?# Choose handcrafted touches such as lace and crochet. You”ll want to walk on the romantic side.
6. Fashion Cardi ” The cardigan adds a polished, completed look to almost any outfit. Feeling daring? Choose cardis with interesting and innovative details such as fresh patterns and embellishments. Either way, this classic piece makes a come back season to season.
7. Flip Flop Dress – A fab frock is the cornerstone of any summer wardrobe especially when, for a change, you forgo frills for panel down perfection. Easy can be elegant.
8. Arm Candy – Looking for a little wrist action? Accessorize with a magnificent mix of spangled bangles. Whether spattered with rhinestones, artsy prints or just a stack of solids, bracelets and bangles add a finishing flair to your summer collection.
9. New Neutral Shoes “Nothing is chicer than shoes in hues that are barely there, such as blush, nude, and khakis. Soft, warm metallics in gold, pewter and silver bring the eye down and steal the show.# The nude shoe is the quintessential “go to”# accessory of the summer.
Guys, get your wardrobes sunny-weather ready by incorporating this season”s newest spins on classic pieces such as shorts, polos and dress shirts. Belk”s Men”s Most-Wanted Summer 2011 fashion picks make it easier than ever for you to update your closet with the newest trends. Take a step into prep and mix in colorful staples for a selection of looks that work whether you”re at the office or on the go.# Wherever the warm weather takes you, you”re sure to be “best dressed”# with these tips.
1. Summer Sportcoat – When was the last time you could feel so comfortable and look so polished? Try this must-have item in more casual textiles such as linen and cottons in sleeker, more relaxed silhouettes. It is the perfect “off duty”# completer piece.
2. The New Polo – Put a modern twist on a tried-and-true favorite. Fresh fabrics, more color and unexpected collar treatments revitalize this knit, giving it a more youthful flavor.
3. Slim Ties – The news in ties is in the width. As jackets and suits get a little closer to the body, it makes perfect sense to streamline this important accessory. You will look neat and trim.
4. Bold Color Dress Shirts – Here”s a bright idea! Refresh your wardrobe with a few of the happiest hues around. Check out shirts in lilacs, pinks, yellows and blues. Roll up those sleeves (to the elbow) and transition from desk to dinner with style and panache.
5. Patterned Shorts “Turn up the volume on your supply of summer shorts. Say “Yes!”# to the plethora of easy breezy prints that are way cool and comfortable”and so vacation friendly.
6. Preppy Shirts – Tune into patterns that play up casual, American style with a nod to the Ivy League. These shirts are the basic building blocks for summer duds that are clean and fresh.
7. Cargo Shorts – Just relax – relaxed fit, that is. Shorts in the newest neutral color palette are the perfect way to sport the utility trend that is resonating with guys in the know.
8. Sandal – Up your cool quotient with shoes that are fully functional in warm weather. Multi-strap, worked leathers in rich browns are a must to keep your feet cool and happy this summer.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation”s largest privately owned mainline department store company with 304 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Its belk.com Web site offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog, mobile phone, text messages or by email, go to Belk Get Connected.
Modern. Southern. Style.
Belk seeks to satisfy the modern Southern lifestyle like no one else, so that our customers get the fashion they desire and the value they deserve. Our vision is for the modern Southern woman to count on Belk first – for her, for her family, for life.