It’s early days and things are evolving fast, so please verify anything you read here before acting on it. We’ve tried to provide links to make it easy for you to do just that.
We have started collecting information for each city on the immediate response to COVID-19 and how it might directly affect your planning. See below for what we’ve gathered so far, and check back frequently for updates.
We are listing closures for the most part. As of the time of this writing (mid-day March 16), most city halls remain open for business on at least a limited basis.
- City Hall is closed to walk-in visitors at least until March 30th.
- The Duluth Parks and Recreation has cancelled all evening and weekend programs March 14 – March 28.
- All Active Adult programs cancelled at The Lodge March 16 – March 28.
- All league play cancelled until further notice.
- The Max Activity Building at Bunten Road Park will be open Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., March 14 – April 4 and closed on Sundays.
- Due to safety precautions, the Duluth Police Records Department will no longer perform ANY fingerprint services for the public, until further notice.
- Muddbuggs and Music: The event to be held on March 28 will be rescheduled.
- Cinema at the Red Clay: The event to be held on March 25 will be rescheduled.
- Suspension of Municipal Court through April 3, 2020
- Suspension of citizen committee and education meetings through April 3, 2020
- Increased sanitization of City properties and extra sanitation stations throughout City facilities
- Immediate implementation of service delivery continuity plans that minimize face to face interaction and protect the long term sustainability of services
- Suspension of all convenience fees from online credit card payments for City services. Customers are encouraged to utilize the online system through www.lawrencevillega.org for payments.
- Public Restrooms at the Lawn and Historic Courthouse will be closed through April 3, 2020
- Historic Trolley Tour – cancelled Saturday, March 21, 2020 @ Boards at Crossing Parking Lot 11am-12:30pm
- Movie Monday – Cancelled Monday, March 23rd, 2020 1:30pm – 9:30pm @ Community Center
- State of the City – Cancelled – March 23rrd, 2020 6:30pm-8:30pm @ Paul Duke STEM High School
- First Friday – Extreme Party Band Fri., April 3rd 7pm-9pm @ community center
- Neighborhood Clean-up and Recycling Day – Saturday, April 4th 8am-3pm
- Italian Car Show – Saturday, April 4th 10 am-3pm @ S. Peachtree St.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 11th – 10am-10:30am @ Rossie Brundage
- Movie Monday – Aladdin – 1:30pm-9:30pm @ community center
- Mini Farmers Market – Friday, April 17th – 9am-1pm @ Lillian Webb Park
- Historic Trolley Tour – Saturday, April 18th – 11am-12:30pm @ Boards at Crossing Parking Lot
- Spring Charity Concert Feat. Eric Dodd – Sunday, April 19th – 1pm-5pm @ Thrasher Park
- Atlanta Track Club’s Singleton 5k – Saturday, April 25th – 8am-11am @ Thrasher Park
- Movie Monday – Blinded by the Light – Monday, April 27th 1:30-9:30pm @ Community Center
- Planning Commission Meeting – 3/17/20 7pm @ City Hall
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting – 3/18/20 7pm @ City Hall
- Drone Operators: Understand Complex FAA Waivers 3/20/20 1:30 pm @ City Hall
- Conversation and Cocktails with Patti Callahan Henry and Mary Kay Andrews – 3/27/20 7:30-8:30pm @ Peachtree Corners City Hall Community Chest Room
- Municipal Court will be closed Wednesday, March 18 and 25 and Trial Court will be canceled Thursday, March 19. Letters of notification for future court dates will be sent via mail.
- City Parks and Recreation events are canceled, however, organizations that lease park facilities are left to decide if they want to cancel. Please check with your respective leagues and organizations for more information.
- Effective at 12 pm on Monday, March 16th, 2020 Gary Pirkle Park is closed to the public until further notice.
- Effective Monday, March 16th, the Sugar Hill Post Office is closed until further notice. You may (as of 3-16-2020) still access postal services at the Buford Post Office (2030 Buford Hwy, 770-614-1256).
- Effective Sunday, March 15th: The Sugar Hill E Center Gymnasium will be closed. This includes private rentals, community groups, group fitness activities, and use of gym equipment.
- Effective Monday, March 16th: The Eagle Theatre’s $2 Tuesdays and Spring Break Bash movie event are canceled. An announcement about scheduling of Blithe Spirit will be made early next week. All other events, including private rentals are canceled, and The Eagle is closed until further notice.
- Effective Monday, March 16th: All non-essential meetings in the E Center and City Hall are canceled. This includes The Sugar Hill Planning Commission, Sugar Hill Historic Preservation Society, Sugar Hill Arts Commission, Toastmasters, Sugar Hill Youth Council, and other community groups.
- Effective Tuesday, March 17th: Passport Services within City Hall are suspended.
- The Suwanee Craft Beer Fest and the Kiwanis Shamrock Run organizers have postponed the March 14 events to future date(s) to be determined. For more information about the Beer Fest, visit their website at SuwaneeBeerFest.com.