Before you start looking into charter, Montessori, Christian or military academies, you have some issues to consider. Is private school right for your child? How do you decide?
Once you’ve decided on a private school approach, the questions don’t stop there. With many non-traditional educational routes to choose from, deciding on a private school can be a lengthy and in-depth process. Unsure as to where you should start looking? We’re here to help!
17 Questions To Ask When Choosing a Private School
01. Is the school accredited by the state?
02. What is the admission policy?
03. How much is the yearly tuition?
04. Is there an enrollment fee?
05. What is the ratio of students to teachers?
06. What credentials do the teachers have?
07. What is the discipline policy?
08. Are there extracurricular classes such as band or drama, etc.?
09. Are there competitive or intramural sports teams to join?
10. Do they offer special education services for students who have Individualized Education Programs?
11. Does the school serve children with special needs?
12. Do students participate in field trips outside the school?
13. What standardized tests do they administer, and what are the results?
14. Do they offer foreign language classes?
15. Does the school participate in the GA Private School Tax Credit Scholarship program?
16. What (if any) are the religious affiliations of the school?
17. What is the total number of students?