Partnership Gwinnett joined The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to announce the winner of the seventh annual Amazing Entrepreneur competition – HIPnation Healthcare Solutions, an innovative healthcare solution for employers and individuals providing access to specialist, medications, labs and imaging at affordable rates.
The Amazing Entrepreneur competition encourages startups to create viable enterprises and engages with regional support services. The competition requires contestants to submit a business plan summary for judging, with finalists earning the opportunity to present before a panel of leading business professionals.
The Established Business finalists for 2017 included:
- WUT A Book Publishing, Inc. – a book publishing company that provides editing, ghostwriting, layout and design for pocket-sized Mini-books. Serving clients, specifically interested in creating a sharing their credibility and visibility for future success.
- BioReactor Sciences – a B2B company specializing in the life sciences industry. BRS designs and manufactures cost-effective bioreactors and bioprocessing equipment that provides bioprocess engineering solutions.
- ChildCare Cooperative – a company that provides accounting, payroll, tax, and business consulting services to child care centers in Georgia.
- Gingham and Eyelet – a project-based sewing company that provides workshops, camps, lessons, and parties for children and adults.
- HIPnation Healthcare Solutions – a healthcare solution company for employers and individuals to access healthcare by providing a 24/7 concierge and low cash rates for access to specialist and ancillary services.
“The Amazing Entrepreneur contest engages small business owners and entrepreneurs who are eager to develop successful business strategies while tapping into fundamental resources available to them, said Antonio Barrios, Area Director at The University of Georgia SBDC. “We are excited to be partners of this contest and we wish the winners continued success as they reach new heights.”
The Established business winner will be rewarded $5,000 to support their future business efforts. Additionally, the business will receive start-up consulting from Sterling Rose Consulting, a one-year Gwinnett Chamber membership ($500 minimum value), passes to attend the Chamber’s Small Business Summit ($120 value) and legal consultation with Arkad Associates ($2,000 value).
The Amazing Entrepreneur competition also gave businesses not yet in operation the opportunity to win prizes through the contest’s Pre-Venture category. Gwinnett Arts & Entertainment Center (GAEC) was announced as the 2017 winner. GAEC is an arts and entertainment venture that provides a safe and affordable space for live entertainment, education and training space for artists and entertainers of all ages. The center will receive start-up consulting with Sterling Rose Consulting.
The Pre-Venture finalists for 2017 were:
- Gwinnett Arts & Entertainment Center – GAEC will be an arts and entertainment company that provides live entertainment, education and training, opportunities for artists and entertainers to showcase their talent, youth programs, and affordable event and performance space.
- Global Services Management Group Inc. – a landscape company that will provide quality landscape management, cleaning and lawn care services, along with consultation and estimating through its three subsidiary companies.
- D. Peacock Studios – a multimedia marketing company in Atlanta that will specializes in content publishing services for brand entertainment, promoting events and stories and providing clients with networking tools to engage communities.
“The Amazing Entrepreneur competition gives us a platform to provide support and resources to facilitate successful startups and small businesses here in Gwinnett,” said Li Wong, Director of Entrepreneurship for Partnership Gwinnett. “We’ve once again highlighted and celebrated some creative business concepts, while also emphasizing the importance of planning and developing a sustainable business plan.
The 2017 competition is presented by Arkad Associates, Inc. and Sterling Rose Consulting Corporation.
For more information on the Amazing Entrepreneur Contest, please visit www.amazingentrepreneurcontest.com.
For more information or to learn how to get involved in the local economic development efforts, please visit www.partnershipgwinnett.com.