Written by Frankie Gonzalez, Converge multimedia journalism intern and student at Dacula High School
My all-time Favorite Thanksgiving dish is my mom’s banana pudding recipe. Although there are no actual bananas in the dish itself, the flavor is still reminiscent of a traditional banana pudding dessert. She makes this decadent pudding every year and has passed the tradition down to me. I am now the one in charge of making this dessert every Thanksgiving in order to keep our tradition alive. My mom’s delicious banana pudding is an annual hit at our house, and it can be at your house too by following these quick and easy steps!
What You’ll Need:
• 13” x 9” x 2” dish
• 2 Large bowls
• Mixer/electric mixer
• 2 bags of Chessman cookies
• 12 oz container of thawed Cool Whip
• 8 oz package of instant French vanilla pudding mix
• 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
• 2 cups of milk
- First, line your dish with one bag’s worth of the Chessman cookies and set off to the side.
- Next, grab your bowl and combine the milk and pudding mix.
- Then, get a separate bowl and mix the cream cheese and condensed milk together. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip to the cream cheese/condensed milk mixture.
- After that, incorporate both mixtures in one bowl until smooth.
- Pour over the bottom layer of cookies.
- Cover the mixture with a top layer of Chessman cookies.
- Finally, refrigerate until it is ready to be served. Enjoy!